Sheriff Barry S. Faile
The Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office is a CALEA-accredited agency dedicated to providing professional law enforcement services to the citizens of Lancaster County. Finding top-quality people to join our team is what enables us to serve our citizens at the highest level. Law enforcement is a demanding profession that requires commitment, hard work, a positive attitude, physical strength and mental toughness. You must be willing to dedicate your professional life to upholding the law and to live your personal life with integrity.
Do you want to do something meaningful with your life? Are you interested in making a difference in your community? Do you want to challenge yourself physically and mentally every day? Are you looking for a career and not just a pay check? Then the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office has an opportunity for you.
The entire hiring process can take anywhere from two to six months. We will work with you to accommodate your schedule to get you in for the following steps in our hiring process:
1. Initial Application https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lancastersc/lcso
2. Written and physical agility tests
4. Background investigation
5. Board Interview
6. Drug Screen
7. Psychological Exam
8. Interview with the Sheriff
We employ a career ladder that pays experienced officers more and we also offer educational incentives for some positions: Associate's degrees pay 3% more, Bachelor's Degrees pay 6% more, and Master's Degrees pay an additional 9% on top of your salary. Starting pay for a certified Patrol Deputy with no experience is $50,000. Starting pay for certified Correctional Officers with no experience is $45,000. Starting pay will increase based on years of experience.
The Deputy Sheriff and Detention Center career ladder documents are available for viewing in the "Employment Documents" section on this page.
1. Be at least 21 years of age (Deputy Sheriff) or 18 years of age (Corrections Officer).
2. US citizenship.
3. Have a H.S. diploma or GED certificate.
4. Have a valid SC driver's license for Deputy applicants/ Valid US driver's license for Corrections.
5. Have a good driving record.
6. No felony or serious misdemeanor convictions.
7. Have a satisfactory credit history.
8. Have an honorable military discharge (if applicable).
The first step is to follow the link above and submit an application online.
For additional Information contact our recruiter at 803-313-2080 or firstname.lastname@example.org