The Lancaster County Detention Center (LCDC) houses unsentenced inmates awaiting trial as well as inmates sentenced to less than 90 days incarceration. The LCDC is also a state approved facility authorized to house state inmates. Family Court inmates are housed at the Lancaster County Detention Center for the duration of their sentence regardless of the length of their sentences.
The Lancaster County Detention Center is located at 1941 Pageland Hwy. in Lancaster, South Carolina. The Detention Center falls under the supervision of Administrator Debbie Horne who is assisted by Captain Larry Deason.
Bond hearings are held each day of the week at the Detention Center at 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Bond Hearings only will be held during these times. No warrants or other court matters will be considered. For all other court matters, visit Central Court located at 761 Lancaster Bypass East in Lancaster.
Funding for inmates can now be applied online via the following website link
Sentenced inmates housed at the LCDC provide a variety of services to the citizens of Lancaster County – the most common being litter pick-up. LCDC inmates also process recyclable materials.
LCDC is dedicated to saving taxpayers’ money by utilizing inmates to a greater extent. Inmates are now being used 3 days a week to keep our county clean.
The staff at LCDC offers fingerprinting services during the following times (There is a $5 charge) :
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
8:00 pm – 9:00 pm
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
Visitors must have a valid verifiable photo identification card.
Minors visiting the facility must be accompanied by an adult guardian (18 or older). Children must not be left unaccompanied in the lobby, outside or any other area. Any disruptive conduct by either party will result in termination of the visit.
Items from inmates will only be released on Tuesdays from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. and 8:00 - 10:00 p.m. Items will not be released at any other times for any reason.
Visitations occur on Sundays ONLY. Visitors not listed on the inmate’s visitor’s list will NOT be allowed to visit the inmate.
Inmate visitation times will vary depending upon which cell block the inmate is currently being housed. Please call on Saturday after 2:00 p.m. to determine the visitation time if you are on the visitation list.
Visitors will remain on the visitation list for two weeks. Inmates may change their visitors after two weeks with no exceptions to this rule. No additions and no deletions will be permitted until the appropriate time.
• All family/social visits are non-contact unless the inmate is housed in a dorm.
• No firearms or weapons of any kind are permitted in the facility.
• If visitors are or appear to be under the influence of alcohol or any drug, visitation will not be allowed and the visitor may be subject to prosecution.
• Each inmate is permitted to have a maximum of two visitors (1 adult and 1 minor or 2 adults) at a time. Visits will be limited to 60 minutes.
• All visitors are subject to search.
• Visitors are not allowed to pass or attempt to pass any items to inmates.
• Children must be under control at all times.
• Please dress appropriately. Unacceptable attire (not limited to this list) is below: mini-skirts, short shorts, bare feet, tank tops, tube tops, sexually explicit attire, transparent or translucent material (see through clothes) or, anything deemed to be inappropriate attire by the Detention Center Staff on duty.
• Visitors are not allowed to chew gum in the facility.
• Visitors are not allowed to carry any items into the visitation area.
• If contraband such as drugs, alcohol or weapons are found on any person, that person may be subject to prosecution.
• No cigarettes, lighters or any other tobacco products are allowed and are considered contraband. Any inmate found to be in possession of these items will be prosecuted.
• Visitors must leave all handbags in their vehicle.
• The LCDC is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
• If a visitor has any questions, concerns or complaints regarding the visit, please ask to speak to the Shift Supervisor.